New to it all!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Valsafish

Aquarium Advice Newbie
So I just bought a all set up 20 gal long tank and everything is good but my nitrate (witch I'm working on with constant water changes suggested by my local fish store). I have 1 maroon clown, one royal gramma, one mystery wrasse, and one pigmy hall fish. I'm working on rehiring all but the maroon and getting a little male for her. I want to do all coral wig the two clowns. Any suggestions on resilient anemones and coral for a newby? :)

Hello! It's too late to add another clown to that system. They need to be added at the same time. Anenomes need alot of light and pristine water conditions. Good easy corals are soft corals and some Lps. What kind of light do you have?
:)

I have a coral life 100000 k I believe and the tank is very shallow. I'm also having some trouble with algae... And most people have told me not too add another clown but my local fish store has some special tricks and I think I may try it and they have worked for him and many others I have read about. But if the fighting gets too bad I will take him out.

They are t5 can't remember the watt. Not near it at the moment.

It's t5 but I'm not sure on watts. Not near the tank at the moment. But I will know when I get home!

Haha I can tell you it just about blinds me when I look at it lol. And any suggestions on algae problems? I have like 3 different kinds an I have no idea what they are...

Lol I'm no algae master but if you post some pics I can help:) are you using rodi water?

Pretty sure. That's the reverse osmosis eight? I buy water at my local store.

I'm so new to this all. I was trying to read some normal online posts but I just didn't understand some of the abbreviations so I decided I should just use this instead. So forgive me when I ask super newby questions lol

slitherbomb said:
I wouldn't put a maroon clown in a tank this small.... They get to be really large and are extremely aggressive.

Yeah I know it's small I plan on getting the custom acrylic 50 gal tank at my local fish store in a few months. Just a starter/learning tank. And my clown is still super small. Just about 1 3/4". Maybe smaller. That's why I'm taking all the other fish out also. :)

Back
Top Bottom