New to marine!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pattyfurg

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi guys!
So I really want a saltwater tank but I have NO idea where to start :S
I have a 2 ft that id like to use and I want clownfish (NEMOS) is it all just the same as fresh water but with salt? :S

Not even close haha. Do Alot of reading. "nemos" clownfish need at the very least a 20 gallon tank.

Read and research setup right saltwater is more involved than fresh water fish are very delicate to water quality changes amazon can buy good saltwater books or read online I'm doing that bought both a few books one is the new Marine aquarium from michael s. Palletta you also can see his videos on youtube. Good luck

Haha so what COULD I do with a 2ft?
I really want to learn about saltwater and now that I'm going to be on holidays and quitting soon I'll have plenty of time!
I really like the look of flatworms! They're so colorful but if anything i probably just get corals and stuff? Lol

Corals are expensive and delicate. What size is a 2ft? In gal? To do coral it will be Alot more start up cost and you'll have to make sure everything is stable Ect.

You could do a reef and have 1 maybe 2 fish in there. But it'll have to be a certain fish. There are only a few that can live in a tank that small.

Back
Top Bottom