New to marine

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Joshwakey

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello everyone i'm Josh,
Iv been keeping tropical fish for several years now and have recently been given a nano marine tank i'm guessing its around 35 litres. Im completely new to marine fish keeping and have been doing a lot of research and reading on several forums. The tank has a built in power head, media tray and skimmer. I have cleaned the tank with fresh water and have now mixed aqua safe and added salt water and crush coral sand into the tank. The solinity/gravity is at the right level according to the hydrometer. i was just wondering if there is anything else i can add to help cycling process.

thanks

Welcome! Do you have rock? You will want to get all of your rocks in there and throw in a shrimp or some fish food or something- then let it sit in there to decay- Or you can add straight ammonia- Or you could get one of those cycle starters like Dr tims. Either way you have to introduce a source of ammonia then let biology do the rest. Throw a pic of your setup when you get a chance. Good luck!!

Hi thanks for the reply's iv currently added some live rock this week, im going to take the advice and put some fish food into the tank to start the process. is it worth buying something like fluval cycle liquid to put into the tank as well?

Nope, personally the way I cycle marine tanks is to throw a couple of pieces of shrimp in a piece of pantry hose and let it sit in the tank. No need to add phosphates by adding fish food

Back
Top Bottom