New To Marine Aquariums What Do I Need?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jordanh

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I am new to marine aquariums and i just need some advice, I have got a Fluval Profile 1000 aquarium (275 litres) and i just need to know what i need to start a marine aquarium I know I need a protein skimmer, but which size is best for my tank and what brand is best? I just need a list of everything I need basically, thanks. :ermm:

Hi Jordan,

Welcome to AA! To be honest, it all starts by doing research and also most importantly deciding on what livestock you'd like to have in your tank.

Read up on the articles here on AA and figure out what you'd like to keep in your tank. We'd be happy to help you with specifics once you've got a better idea of what type of tank you want.

Saltwater - Aquarium Advice

thank you for the reply, I got confused on the first thread I posted I have a aqua reef 400 aquarium (400litres) not a fluval Profile, I was getting confused with my friends aquarium haha, the aquareef has everything I need to get going, I just wanted some advice on care and water conditions for Tangs & Clowns, thanks hope to hear from you soon :) .

Before you buy some tangs, make sure you have a tank large enough for them. Most tangs require a 6ft long tank. The bristletooths can get by with a 75G tank (4 ft long i think).

What's the length of your tank?

Measurements

the measurements for my aquarium are, 4.4ft x 1.8ft x 2.4ft High, thanks

Back
Top Bottom