New To Marine Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You need to use a photo storage server like photobucket. Then you just post the links here. You can post whatever you like then.

That's what I was thinking. Kinda looks like what is often called Hollywood stunner chalice.

Update: I lost my green star polyp, but the rest are doing well. The candy cane is about go from 2 to 3 polyps and everything is happy. Got rid of the brain and chalice. Just didn't "fit."

A friend gave me some corals to add, huge gift for my son, out of his tank. Turns out to be 3 trees, 1 devils hand, and about 8 green mushrooms!

I upgraded my pump, doubling the circulation which has made a very nice impact and has gotten rid of the pesky paranoia bubbles that accumed in my overflow box!

Last night I bought a new light. We had a 2 bulb T5 24" with one actinic and one 10,000K. I bought the new Current 18" LED marine system and I gotta tell ya, it's a huge improvement. The corals look completely different in this light. Plus, it comes with a remote control and 4 preset schedules (you have the upturn of creating your own schedule.) Right now, his ramps up with a 30 min sunrise to full power. After 12 hours, it does a 30 minute sunset to 10% of the blues for a moonlight effect for 4 hours. Very nice system for the price.

Good luck with it. A vendor for them says this:
The Current USA Orbit Marine LED 18-24" is a great choice for aquarium applications where high PAR values aren’t needed—marine fish, soft corals and some LPS corals.
Current USA Orbit Marine LED 18-24"

Is that the unit? If so, at 18 watts, It may not be an upgrade as far as potency is concerned.
I like the program-ability though. You would think they could have just tossed in a few stronger LEDs here and there and sold it for around the same money, and cornered the market.

Good luck with it. A vendor for them says this: The Current USA Orbit Marine LED 18-24" is a great choice for aquarium applications where high PAR values aren’t needed—marine fish, soft corals and some LPS corals. Current USA Orbit Marine LED 18-24" Is that the unit? If so, at 18 watts, It may not be an upgrade as far as potency is concerned. I like the program-ability though. You would think they could have just tossed in a few stronger LEDs here and there and sold it for around the same money, and cornered the market.

Yep, that's the one. I think it's going to be better. The T5 light I had on there isn't anything fancy. Just what came with the tank (kit). The bulbs were just 14 watts each and it's not HO. I have a devils hand with extended polyps (I assume polyps). It's never done that before. Plus, the spectrum is getting much better color out of the corals. The suggested application (soft & LPS) is what I'll be keeping, too. I'll do a "user review" after a couple of months.

Oh...28 watts of regular t5. It very well may be an upgrade in intensity. Cool. Looking forward to the review (and some pics) ;)

Local fish store had a 50% off all livestock sale. Bought a skunk cleaner shrimp and a purple fire fish. Also got a nice Xenia frag and a GSP to replace the one I lost. Pulled three zoa frags to take to a buddy for a while.

Dont you love sales? LOL I never can walk away from one it seems. When everything is settled in make sure we get some photos. :)

Yeah. This is a saltwater only store and they do this once a year on the anniversary of their opening. They don't just put out the bargain basement stuff. Their tanks and frag tanks were stocked with some really nice stuff. They also use punch cards that give you $20 toward a live purchase for every $200 spent. That's pretty easy to spend in this little hobby!

Yeah. This is a saltwater only store and they do this once a year on the anniversary of their opening. They don't just put out the bargain basement stuff. Their tanks and frag tanks were stocked with some really nice stuff. They also use punch cards that give you $20 toward a live purchase for every $200 spent. That's pretty easy to spend in this little hobby!

Dang where is this?? I'm about to move there so my wallet won't hate me as much haha

Back
Top Bottom