New to reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fisshboy

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi all, i have been successfully keeping a 30L nano reef for the past 6 months so thought id give something bigger a try :)

Iv got a juwel trigon 190 with sump, it has 15kg of live rock 1 powerhead and 2 wave makers. Whats the best position for these?

Also it only has 2 cleaner shrimps snd a chalk gobby in at the moment im stocking it very slowly but what would be a good idea for stock? Im wanting 2 clownfish and a yellow tang to go with what i allready have. Can i fit much more in there?

Thanks in advance

Plenty of options, unfortunately it's too small for the tang but check out liveaquaria.com they have good info on fish and recommended tank sizes... I like my Bennetts sharpnose puffer :)

Attachments

• image-402895890.jpg
    image-402895890.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 251
Ah right i see :( iv seen one in my LFS and they have a yellow tang so i presumed it was big enough, the puffer is amazing are they community friendly or do they have to be alone?

They are community friendly but reef safe with caution. I have a few corals and its hit and miss which ones he nibbles at so try small frags first then bigger ones when I know he won't eat them. Tangs need large tanks and if they don't they get stressed which leads to illness. Not worth the risk I think!

Thanks for the info :) iv just got a great deal on a second hand TMC V300 24w sterilizer my only question is will this be too much fir a 190L with a 60L sump so the 200 wouldn't be enough also could i connect it to the return pump outlet?

How do people know how much water has evaporated to top up with RO water? By testing the salinity and adjusting accordingly ?

Salt doesn't evaporate it stays in the tank which brings the salinity up. So basically if you add fresh water back to it it lowers it back down. If you keep the water level the same the salinity stays the same, get it? There is probably a better way to describe this but I tried.

Yeah i understand this bit i was just wondering how you see exactly how much has evaporated like putting a little mark or something so you can just keep an eye on it and top it back up to the mark

Back
Top Bottom