New to Salt.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alshain

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Those of you from the Freshwater forums (especially planted) may know me well, but after I fix my 55 gallon, I'm thinking about turning my 10 gallon into a sw tank.

First, I was wondering if I could get some ideas of what to expect. Asside from the salt, what differences are there between running a SW tank and a FW tank.

My initial thought is a white substrate with a blue background with a single ornamental fish. I would like to have a Percula or Ocellaris but I'm not sure if a 10 gallon would be suitable for him. If not, any other fish suggestions?

Thanks!
:n00b:

Well let me tell you what to expect with your 10 gallon tank. First it can be done. I know some folks that have some that size but you will have to be dilligent. The less the water volume the less forgiving it will be on oversight and mistakes. I like to always suggest at least a 55 gallon for you first tank but that is just me. Dont want to scare you but if you go with the 10 galln tank make sure you are prepared to do frequent PWC` and test on it. Read up on the site articles.

Back
Top Bottom