I am getting ready to set up a saltwater FWLR tank. I plan the following:
1. 20 gal
2. 10 gal
3. Via Aqua Protein skimmer
4. 2 power heads
5. 25 lbs live rock
6. 20 lbs live sand
7. 130 watt power compact with moon lights
My questions are:
1. How large of power heads do I need?
2. With a 3/4 dia overflow, how large a pump should I have for return?
3. Should I put egg crate under the rock to keep it off of the glass?
4. Is 20 lbs of rock in the tank and 5 lbs in the sump about right?
5. Can you use ammonia to cycle the tank like you can in fresh water?
6. Should I use biospira or biomax to speed up the cycle?
Sorry to be so long winded. I have 8 fresh water tanks but this is a sudden attack of gotta have