New to Salt Water with 75g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I ended up getting a Flame Hawkfish last night. He's been in hiding most of the time. He came out last night a bit when I turned off the light.

I just got one the other day! Awesome fish. Mine is still a tad bit skittish but he's settled really well. He loves mysis and brine. :) Mine was sleeping on top of a powerhead last night. So neat!

Carey, how long did it take for your fish to get comfortable enough to eat? It's been a day and a half now, and "Ferno" will come out from his rock and just sit but wont swim to the surface to eat. Should I try frozen so it doesn't float?

I fed my hawk right after putting him in the tank and he ate immediately. They are carnivores though so frozen mysis or brine would be good for him. :)

I tried flake food this morning. I'll give him a tiny bit of mysis/brine tonight. I'm also adopting a Clown from my boss's fishtank at work that I will bring home tomorrow (he needs some TLC-see how that works out).

I've had the new clown fish for about 5 days now, and he doesn't seem quite so stressed as he was in my boss's fish tank. The hawkfish, Ferno, didn't like the clown near his turf, but other than that, they are getting along great. I plan on adding another clown in a couple of weeks once I get more rock in the tank. I will post pictures once I have my rock done and my new clown!

I have also decided I wanted to get tank-bred Cardinals eventually. Anyone have any suggestions on the number I should get? I was thinking 5 or 6.

Back
Top Bottom