New to SaltWater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cpt Levi Claxton

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello everyone

I'm thinking of starting a saltwater tank it is a 14 gallon kit so it came with a HOB 15 gallon filter, a heater,and a hood. I haven't purchesed any substrate yet or live rock yet so I need advice on what to get. I was planning on making it a fish-only or FOWLR tank. So please let me know if I need any thing

I'll get you started with some reading. Then post back with any specific questions you have. You probably want to post in the Nano forum for that size tank.

Stock list and tips for maintaining your SW tank

How to cycle your tank with out the use of fish

Quarantine article

An Ounce of Prevention is Worth a Pound of Cure: A Quarantine Tank for Everything by Steven Pro

welcometoaa.gif

That 1st link Cmor gave you will let you know your equipment needs. BTW welcome to AA.

I just went to my LFS and they said that I need at least 30 gallons.but before I decided on the size I would like to know any fish I should look into so I can see what size I need

A small sw tank is usually for the advanced aquarist who already knows how to maintain a tank. A beginner tank should be no less than 50 gallons IMO.

You need to decided which fish you are interested in and make sure you don't buy fish (tangs) which require a larger tank.

A good place to start for that would be LiveAquaria.com They have a section for beginners and for nano tanks.

Back
Top Bottom