New to saltwater...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looking at it id say you have probably about 3-5 lbs of rock in there so you'd want roughly 10-12 more pounds but with it being a tall tank it could pose some problems since you don't have much of a footprint

True, I am glad you think I should do more. I really enjoy the rock and wanted more I just wasn't sure how much I should get.

With a tank of those dimensions it would look nice with some shelf rock stacked in about 3 staggered ledges imo

Hmmm... Never thought of that, I may look into it. Now this is a real noob question but is it possible for new anemones to grow from live rock?

Finally got a decent photo of one. They come and they go, showing up in different places. One comes out of a hole in my live rock, one out of the substrate and this on is coming out of the intake to the filter...
i-wHfZvk4-XL.jpg

Now when I touch it with something it does not move but it does go away when the light goes out. This is hit or miss, sometimes it stays out while the light is off.

Sciko_Scott said:
Sounds good man, it is just strange looking.

Most of the stuff you stumble upon in saltwater is odd looking. I did freshwatwr for over a decade and some of the stuff ive seen is otherworldly. A good example was yesterday i saw my first bristleworm. Ive known what they are and look like from pictures...but when i saw it i couldnt stop watching it.

Also, a good amount of lr for a tank is 1-1.5 lbs per gallon. O also have a tall tank so you get creative and go up. I bought caribbean lr for how flat and shelf like it is and got a couple pieces of fiji for foundation. This let me make all kinds of overhangs and caves. Dont forget you can always chisel rock to suit your needs and even add pvc pipe in the sandbed as well. Welcome to your new addiction. :)

Hahaha, my wife want's to kill me already and I am just getting started. Yea I have seen pictures of those worms, crazy stuff! Thanks for the rock suggestions as well.

Ok so there is new development, I just noticed that there are quite a few small white bugs crawling around inside and on top of my sponge. They are about the size of a pin head.

Should I be worried? Should i purchase something to get rid of them?

I will attempt to get a decent photo but I doubt this will come out.

Most likely copepods or isopods - these are good and you want them in your tank.

Back
Top Bottom