New to Saltwater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How do I add a current to my saltwater tank? This is confusing me lol

Sorry I didn't read your whole thread so wasn't sure if you're having a HOB filter, canister filter, or sump?

obscurereef said:
Sorry I didn't read your whole thread so wasn't sure if you're having a HOB filter, canister filter, or sump?

I believe canister.

S_Hurley said:
I believe canister.

That's fine. It's a 75 gallon so your gonna need 2 good power heads. Not sure of your budget but.. The Vortech MP's are amazing IMO.

Koralia power heads are good also. Your probably gonna want 2 725's or even one 725 and one 1025. I have a 1025 in my Cichlid tank which is a 75 gallon.

Oh and my bio cube 29 gallon has one MP10 and it rocks!

http://ecotechmarine.com/products/vortech/vortech-mp10/

Convict2161 said:
That's fine. It's a 75 gallon so your gonna need 2 good power heads. Not sure of your budget but.. The Vortech MP's are amazing IMO.

Koralia power heads are good also. Your probably gonna want 2 725's or even one 725 and one 1025. I have a 1025 in my Cichlid tank which is a 75 gallon.

Ok I will look into those thanks so much!

i have 2 blue tang and they do ok . get along pretty well with others . I gave one of my sabae clown away coz it stressing my flower pot and kind of bully other tang and percula lol . I suggest if you get any tang get them all at once same time so they wont fight each other . Plus best bet is one each kind and they wont fight each other if they are diff shape and color.they get along like mine does .some fire shrimp would look great in the tank

i order ,most of my parts online.its way cheaper than pet store and free shipping.

This is my tank one year old but it's not as good as lot ppl tank compare to theirs

2012-09-23 13.58.57-1.jpg

reef lover said:
This is my tank one year old but it's not as good as lot ppl tank compare to theirs

And wow your tank is still really nice

Petsolutions. Com or marine depot. Com. Chiller I got it from another website

I heard you gonna be using a canister. But wetdry or sum mighty be better in my opinion . What water you gonna very using? Is it RO ? Sometimes I go to liveaquaria. Com to look at the coral habit and their needs for info for certain species . Won't hurt to know about it before buy it

reef lover said:
I heard you gonna be using a canister. But wetdry or sum mighty be better in my opinion . What water you gonna very using? Is it RO ? Sometimes I go to liveaquaria. Com to look at the coral habit and their needs for info for certain species . Won't hurt to know about it before buy it

Yeah well I'm not sure I haven't bought one yet that was just what I was thinking. So I will check out the wet dry or sum. And I don't know what water I just thought that you could use aquarium salt after taking out the chlorine from your tap.

Lighting also pretty inportant for reef. I using t 5. Wetdry or refugium actually you can build it yourself if you wanna save a few bucks

reef lover said:
Lighting also pretty inportant for reef. I using t 5. Wetdry or refugium actually you can build it yourself if you wanna save a few bucks

Ok that's fluorescent right?

Back
Top Bottom