New to Saltwater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

guppygourami

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi everyone, my name is Namirah. :) I've been on this forum for a while but this is my first time exploring the saltwater section.
I was looking into getting a small (5G at most) tank.
As I am totally new to saltwater and know next to nothing about it this thread will be more me learning about getting a saltwater tank. At least right now ;)
So... what will I need? Stocking suggestions? Lighting suggestions? Any advice is welcome. Thank you! :)

<g.m.t.a>

Small tanks, called nanos or picos, are by nature much less stable and generally not recommended for beginners. 40b is a good size to start. Google for nano on some other online forums if you have your heart set on a 5g.
Good luck.

I agree with Bill in that small tanks are less stable. You might not be able to go to a big tank due to cost or room but go as big as you can. Ten gallon or twenty is still small but it`s better than a five gallon. There is no SW fish that can go in a five gallon tank. You might get one or two at the most in a ten or twenty gallon tank. You could get a few inverts like a crab or shrimp in a five gallon and maybe a few more in bigger tank. Lighting check out LED lighting.

Back
Top Bottom