New to saltwater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PnP

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello everyone im new to saltwater and would basically just like to get some info on a few certain things I cant find by googling, ect.
First off I bought a Fluval 13.5g AIO, and I would like to know if the base lighting on that would be sufficient to keep a coral, and or anemone (I know i need to of course have my tank much more mature but I like to research a lot ahead of time) If it is not can anyone recommend a small nano tank light ? My plans for the tank are to keep it some what small in live stock, a pistol shrimp, goby pair, with 2 clowns, and an anemone, not really sure what corals I really want yet.
But that brings me to my next question would a pistol shrimp and goby pair live happily in this 13g? I have about 1-1 1/2 inch of sand plenty of rock on the surface for him to tunnel under (I made sure it was on glass before pouring sand, heard they crush themselves..) and is my livestock pushing it aswell?
My last question is how can I tell if my cycle has started? I tested for ammonia and it is about .2ppm but no trace of nitrites for a few days (maybe im rushing just want to make sure I did it right)

So I wouldn't do a nem in that size tank. Keeping Paramus stable enough is gonna be hard plus most nems will outgrow that tank easily.

The light can probably do softies, do you have a link to the exact tank? The shrimp goby is fine, 2 clowns might be pushing it though.

no the stock lighting wont support most coral or nem
nems require a mature tank of 6/12 months
clowns require at least 30g
here is a good article on cycling
Cycle your salt tank - Aquarium Advice
helpful..

So I wouldn't do a nem in that size tank. Keeping Paramus stable enough is gonna be hard plus most nems will outgrow that tank easily.

The light can probably do softies, do you have a link to the exact tank? The shrimp goby is fine, 2 clowns might be pushing it though.
Evo Aquarium Kit | 10531 | Aquariums & Furniture | Fluval Thats the tank, and I figured that an anemone would be too small, never trust lfs info haha, but no worries I can substitute it, I heard clownfish host greenstar polyp too is that rare?
But about the randalls pistol shrimp is the tank too small/not enough substrate?

Evo Aquarium Kit | 10531 | Aquariums & Furniture | Fluval
Thats the tank, and i figured an anemone would get rather big, wont trust my lfs for advice anymore, so maybe 1 clown, with the randall pistol shrimp and goby pair?
Also sorry to keep asking but is 1-1 1/2 inch of substrate not enough? I would love to get one but if he wont be happy I can get other fish/inverts

no the stock lighting wont support most coral or nem
nems require a mature tank of 6/12 months
clowns require at least 30g
here is a good article on cycling
Cycle your salt tank - Aquarium Advice
helpful..

Back
Top Bottom