New to saltwater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

williama94

Aquarium Advice Newbie
For all The Experts I'm starting after 10 years of being afraid and this is what I'v come up with. I was going to start with a Nano Cube 12gal but changed to a 30 gal. If you all have any better suggestion please let me know. Thanks
1. 30 gal tank mer
2. aquac remora c
3. lighting 65-90 watt coralife 36 aqua
4. power heads 2 local
5. live rock dr foster
6. live sand
7. heater local

Welcome to AquariumAdvice.com!!! :smilecolros: :smilecolros: :smilecolros:
Your set-up looks great to start with. You must first ask yoursel what type of tank you desire...FO, FOWLR or reef. That will make a huge difference in the advice you recieve.

Great. You will need to look into some higher intensity lighting. Do yo have a fish list in mind? Start there and work in the coral depending on light.

There are some nice 12,000k and atinic light setups that are 130 watts for sale on ebay, either a corallife, a orbit and a few others out there that run around 140 or so dollars that should be enought lighting for a 30 gallon thast a little more then 4 watts per gallon...

Sounds good. You might also want to check out the lights on aquatraders.com, there are some really good deals.

yeah iv looked on there they do have some really good deals, i was looking for a halide light not sure how to spell it, but they are a little pricey

Word of caution on aquatraders: most of the equipment is refurb equipment or equipment not covered by a manufacturer's warranty. People have not been too happy with the quality of the items shipped in the past as well. There are a few big threads on reefcentral about them.

Back
Top Bottom