New to saltwater aquariums

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Smurfthellama

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have had freshwater tanks for awhile but I am new to the saltwater scene. Right now I'm planning on a fowlr tank but may incorporate corals later. I currently have a 29 gallon tank with 30 lbs of pool sand because I have heard of problems with LS plus the pool sand was way cheaper. I'm planning on having some damsels and a pair of clowns. For equipment I have a fluval heater and I have a brand new aquaclear 50. This is were the questions start. I was wondering what media I should use for it since it's the only source of filtration and I won't have a protein skimmer for awhile. I was planning on getting a hydor koralia power head but want sure which one to get and how many. I also wanted to have some recommendations on lights I have an aqueon light head but I'm almost positive that if I ever want corals I need a better one but for the time benign I wanted to know if this was fine and please keep in mind I'm on a tight budget too and I thank you in advance for the advise.

Back
Top Bottom