new to site and looking for ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tranquilitypurposes

Aquarium Advice Newbie
new to this sight and looking for ideas for filtration for my 2 29 gallon in-wall tanks. just finished in wall construction and need to start on filtration to get tanks cycling before i purchase fish. Want to try and find a way to do a single filtration system for ease of upkeep as wife is new to fish and i work a ton of hours. ANY IDEAS WOULD BE KINDLY APPRECIATED! THANKS IN ADVANCE.

Room behind wall

Yes i actually built the tanks into the breakfast bar. I anticipated needing some room for a larger filtration system so i left about 16 inches to the rear of the tanks. In all i have about 20 cubic feet of usable space. But this is a new concept on me because I have only had time to mess with the walmart tank filters and have no clue how to achieve what i want to do:confused:

Can you take some photos of the space available? That will help folks suggest some good alternatives for you.

I have some photos just havent uploaded them to my computer yet. I will be uploading them shortly though. The sooner i get them on the sooner i can get the swimmers going

This will be my first salt water setup and really want to get it right the first time. What substrate will do the best for a first time user?

Really like the look of white sand with live rock or corral but want to keep things on the easy side as this is going to be a family project and this is my first salt water setup

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom