Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-30-2013, 10:55 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Yeah did a lil reasearch on tangs and realize they are too big which is not a big deal, i know i can find something else that will work. Heck id be happy with just a coral tank lol, i love corals. The skimmer i do plan on adding at a later date, its just a matter of affordability at the moment. Most extra cash goes to my meds at the moment. Is there any dyi skimmers that work? Im really handy. This is why it does not bother me if it take a little longer to cycle.
My beach sand idea came from the fact that i have acess to all i want in my back yard. I'used in my fw tanks with no desise or parasite problems, just got to boil the hell out of it. My thought processes on this is that boiling it should kill any parasites in it, and if in the off chance that something does survive boiling then the sw will kill it. It is comming from a fw lake after all. I dont know maybe im out to lunch on this point and tell me if i am.
I have read that your BB and pods will eventually migrate to your substrate eventually turning your sustrate to live sand. So i figured this would happen into beach sand to.
If im crazy pleaselet me know lol.
Just to reassure everyone this is not something im going to get going in the in the next few weeks. I feel i dont know any where near enough yet to get this going, im reading as much as i can. This aslo means that i ask a million questions lol.

Old 09-30-2013, 10:57 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Oh yeah btw, thanks to all for all the input it is appreciated and sorry bout all the spelling mistakes lol. Im a terrible speller.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com