New to sw

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

j3ss

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey I'm getting reading to do a saltwater tank but I don't know if I need a skimmer and a filtration system or just a good skimmer plz help me !!!!

Hey I'm getting reading to do a saltwater tank but I don't know if I need a skimmer and a filtration system or just a good skimmer plz help me !!!!

Hello, and welcome to the hobby. Marine Aquariums are amazingly beautiful and a great attractive point to a room. What size tank are you considering??? A 50-65 gallon is reccomended, if you have a deeper wallet, bigger is better :).
I would do a sump system with a protein skimmer. What type of tank are you thinking, reef or fish only???

I have 138 l tank and at this stage just some fish and live rock

No haven't got it set up yet I don't know which skimmer is good or if u needed a sump filtration system as well

With a 138, u definatly need a sump. Skimmer too. Id do a 40 or 50 gallon sump for that tank size.

With a 138L tank you don't need a sump, a skimmer is a nice thing to have but not absolutely necessary. You can run a hob filter if you want to rum chemical media but your main filtration is done by moving the water over your LR so you need a flow device (power heads work great) and water changes for nutrient export.

Test kits would be good. Api chemicals are the ones i have and they work good

Back
Top Bottom