I've been a member here for quite a while (though inactive). I've always had FW
tanks, though. I tore down my planted 75g and it has sat dormant in the garage for over 2 years. I've decided I want to get a SW
tank running now. I've done my research and I BELIEVE I know what I need equipment wise, but I don't know specifics. Let me give some details of what I have:
75 gallon (standard) glass aquarium
29 gallon (standard) glass aquarium
20L gallon (long/breeder) glass aquarium
Hehehehe, that's it. Everything else is going to be fresh, from the ground up.
- I know I want a sump (which spare tank should I use? I'm guessing the 29 is the obvious choice).
- I know I need a skimmer (recomendations?)
- I know I need 2 MH
lights (200/250W or 400W?)
- I know I need a SW
- Do I need any PH's for water circulation?
- How do I set up my sump, especially since my tank isn't "reef ready"?
- What else do I need to know to get started?
Any advice on ANYTHING is greatly appreciated. Budget is a slight factor, but I don't want to go super cheap or super expensive. Just average setup.
Thanks in advance!