New to the forum. Advice needed on buying a 125 gallon aquarium tank system

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

asrpdoc

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi All,

I am new to the forum and new to salt water aquarium hobby. Any advice on buying a 125 gallon aquarium tank system would be very helpful.

I have been visiting local aquarium stores. They have been quoting $ 4200 - 4500 to deliver and assemble 125 gallon tank (which includes glass tank, stand, circulation pump, LED lighting assembly, protein skimmer, live rock 100 lbs, live sand 60 lbs, reef sump, Magdrive pump, plumbing parts and delivery charges).

I have been also looking at All in one tank systems like Redsea Reefer system (Red Sea Reefer XL 525 Rimless System 139 Gallon) which costs $2499 online. Of course this doesn't include live rock and sand.

I will be thankful if someone can let me know which route should I take in terms of costs and starting up with a good aquarium tank system. All in one tank system? OR assembled tank system?

Thank you so much.

Hi, welcome to the forum :) I can only comment in general as don't keep SW tanks (but admire the undertaking if perhaps not the expense :) ). My preference has always been for a tank system I can modify. I find this way I can customise to what I want as the tank changes direction over time.

welcome glad you found us

you can get good used stuff that could save you lots of $$$
you can start a used setup for a lot less than new now that extra money can go for coral fish ect , the only thing I would buy new is the lighting

welcome glad you found us

you can get good used stuff that could save you lots of $$$
you can start a used setup for a lot less than new now that extra money can go for coral fish ect , the only thing I would buy new is the lighting

Thank you 54seaweed :)

At first I said that was a lot of money but after looking at all the equipment I said maybe that might be in the ballpark. I have a 125 gallon and I love it. You can see it on the "view my tank" link. I love the 6 foot length.

At first I said that was a lot of money but after looking at all the equipment I said maybe that might be in the ballpark. I have a 125 gallon and I love it. You can see it on the "view my tank" link. I love the 6 foot length.

Thanks a lot Melosu58. Your tank looks beautiful :)

I am thinking of buying the Redsea Reefer 525XL. Any thoughts/advice would be very helpful.

Back
Top Bottom