New To The Hobby

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JEurope

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello Everyone,

I just started a 32G Red Sea Max 130D. I always wanted to get in the hobby of Reef Tanks, but always became scared when time to put it in motion. I have heard so many neg. things, also many postitive as well. I'm pretty excited I have stepped up and started. I'm here to learn from any and everyone I can that is willing to give there knowledge. I'm looking forward to learning and moving on and growing in the hobby.

Hi,
Congrats on the tank! Just remember in SW nothing good happens fast. Go slow, research, and ask questions here & in no time you will have a beautiful tank.

Thanks, I have been doing nothing but reading books and reaserching as much as I can. Question, about how long should I want before I put snails and shrimp and crabs in my tank to clean up.

As long as the cycle takes. Once ammonia and nitrite rise and fall to 0 do a water change to get nitrates down to acceptable levels and then add your stock.... Slowly.

My cleaners should be added before i even think about adding corals right?

Well you have to make sure the cuc has food. I would add a small cuc with your first fish and add the rest later so you don't add too much.

+1 on the GO SLOW. When bad things happen in SW they happen fast. We learned the hard (expensive) way with our first tank. Patience is a virtue when starting a SW tank. But oh it is SOOO worth it. Have fun.

Back
Top Bottom