new to this all

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i don't think they are hard to keep at all. i just think they tend to kill each other. i've purchased a dozen of them, and i would find their little claws ripped off and freshly killed, legless bodies around, and one or two would remain (the ones that grew bigger than the others in the first place).

I bought some more lr sat. now I have 38lbs in my 29 biocube was checking everything and my salinity was low it was 1.021 cant figure why i was told that its because i didnt use live sand so i did a water change and checked it it was fine i checked it today and it seems to be getting low again been running my light to help evaporate the water so i can add some more sw to it to bring up the salinity. Any thing else i can do my hermit and snails seem to be doing fine

Attachments

• P2220799.jpg
    P2220799.jpg
    204.3 KB · Views: 125
  • P2220801.jpg
    P2220801.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 119
just mix up some salt water and add it as top off until you've reached the desired salinity. it will be ok for a little while. it should never drop though. maybe your testing apparatus isn't working properly. are you using a swing arm hydrometer? if so, they are very inaccurate.

My Tank has been up and running for 4 wks now I checked the amonia and nitrate and nitrites everything reads 0 hoping it has cycled have algea growing in it and 2 big snails and about 10 tiny snails and a hermit along with alot of tiny starfish this weekend if all still looks good then i am gonna buy a small clown to put in it. the salinity problem has been corrected with the water change i am using a swing arm looking to upgrade eventually.

i got a new question here not sure if good or bad, but i have a little pink work on the fron of my tank burrowed in the sand and now the sand next to where the worm is turning like a neon green i figured it was waste or algea since i dont have a clean up crew or anything to stir up the sand at this moment. anybody have anything on that?

Back
Top Bottom