New to this and my shrimp is preggo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BryannaAllen

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello, I have just recently had an established tank for about a week now and just recently my shrimp has shed (kool I know) BUT I've discovered a lot of eggs under her belly she was shifting them around I caught it on camera to show my husband.. What do I do now? We want to try and raise them but I don't know where to go from discovering them and this is as far as I've gotten. Please help and advice would be very great ful

not to discourage you or anything, but chances are these eggs/larvae will not survive in the tank or anywhere else. you would need highly specialized setup in order to do so. from another angle, these eggs are good live food for the corals and fish

Yeah if some survive on their own then you have gotten lucky. But don't expect much. Raising them would be very difficult. You would need a separate tank for just the shrimp

Yeah if some survive on their own then you have gotten lucky. But don't expect much. Raising them would be very difficult. You would need a separate tank for just the shrimp

that's a big "IF". also, you would need phyto and zooplankton of different sizes to feed the larvae during different stages of growth. there's a reason why these shrimps are usually wild caught as oppose to tank raised.

Back
Top Bottom