New Toadstool where to place it

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scatcat

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just bought my first coral it's a toadstool. I was wondering about the placement of it. I have it in the front. about halfway up a little less than halfway up is this ok for it or do I need to move it down? Thanks for any input. Yes I'm excited!!! I also bought a red starfish who is looking a little shrivelled up right now.

Rachel

Congrats on your new purchase... :)

What kind of lights do you have and how tall is the tank?

Cheers
Steve

2 36w 50/50 cf Bulbs I think it's 19 inches tall I think it's about 6 inches off the floor of the tank. I can't wait to see it when it opens up.

Thank you for any advise.

Rachel

Kinda low output for that height. Your first post said it was not quite ½ way up buy I would make sure it's midway or higher. Also be sure it is not in direct water flow but enough to sway it gentley.

How's the star doing?

Cheers
Steve

Ok so I need to move it up and over. Will do. The star looks better and didn't move from his spot that I put him last night. However, he was completely flat against the rock. I don't know if it has moved since I had to go to work.

Thank you for responding.

Rachel

You may have to give the leather a couple days to fully open. They are funny sometimes, but generally very hardy. Congrats on the new purchase! :wink:

Back
Top Bottom