Newb question, 24g nano cube

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

coopaloopa

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello all-

I have read through this site for a while and decided to start my 24g nano cube 10 days ago. I just came up with a question. What should the water levels in the back chambers be? From the looks of it the water should be lower in the 3rd chamber then the second chamber but I can not take water out of the 3rd chamber without it affecting the water level of the entire tank. No matter what I do the water levels balance out and it seems like the barrier between the 2nd and 3rd chamber is pointless. I appreciate and advice and thanks for your time.

Hi. Welcome to the forum!

In my biocube I don't really pay much attention to the fill line, I keep the water deep enough in back so that the return pump is submerged. :)

Hi. Welcome to the forum!

In my biocube I don't really pay much attention to the fill line, I keep the water deep enough in back so that the return pump is submerged. :)

Carey, thank you so much for the reply. The reason I ask is because I have seen other cubes with more of a cascading effect in the back chambers. The way i have it now has the 2nd and 3chambers at the same water level which is above the divider between them. I tried to siphon water out of the 3rd chamber but t lowered the level in the display tank too. How do people set up the chambers to a lower level without affecting the display tank?

I'm not sure you can adjust the chambers water height. Due to the slots in the back wall the water evenly flows into the back. I have a fuge and media trays in my back compartment so i keep the water at a high level. It also is quieter with more water in it. :)

I have deffinately seen people with the lower levels in the back. It seems like the filter would work better if water was only flowing through the slot of the divider instead of over the divider. Maybe someone with a nano cube will chime in? I have also seen people only have evaporation in the back chambers with the display tank staying full. I am dieing to know the answer and i can't find it anywhere.

My tank was like yours before I bought the intank media basket. now my compartments cascade like you're talking about.

Thanks for the reply. So the in tank media basket is needed to get the cascading effect? If you were to siphon water out of the chambers would it change the water level in the display tank? What chamber is the basket in?

I've got the 12G nano cube so our setups I believe are different as far as where the basket goes. but mine is in the first chamber, then 2nd chamber is my fuge(cheato & grow light & heater), then return pump in the 3rd chamber

You don't happen to have a pic of your chambers do you? What is it about the basket that makes the water cascade? Which basket do you have?

I have this one i think it's the backpressure from the filter floss + purigen bag + chemipure elite bag that causes chamber 1 to be higher.

Are you using the surface skimmer that goes over the intake? Could this effect the water in the chambers?

nope not using the skimmer. just curious why are you looking for the cascading water chambers anyways? I didn't see a difference in my flow or anythuing. my quality got better but im pretty sure that has to do with the purigen and chemi pure.

Back
Top Bottom