newbe qestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

superdave07

Aquarium Advice Freak
My tank finish it cycled on June 9, 2011 and two days later I added a cuc and a damsel. From the start the damsel would hide, hardly come out now its been about 12 days and hes missing or hiding very good and most of my snails died and also my crabs, I have the about 5 snails left and some dwarf cerith alive. What can be the problem? I want to add a pair of clowns but not sure if I should.

am-0
trite-0
trate-10
Ph-8.0
temp 75-78

what size tank? Whats the other parameters? ( calcium, magnesium, Specific gravity?) Are you topping off with fresh water? PH and salinty swings cna kill things pretty fast

Yes, check your salt and make sure you're breaking the water surface so that gasses can enter and escape.

Edit: If you have any live rock, check your copper levels...some places treat live rock with copper which is super lethal to inverts

catmel said:
what size tank? Whats the other parameters? ( calcium, magnesium, Specific gravity?) Are you topping off with fresh water? PH and salinty swings cna kill things pretty fast

Specific Gravity is 1.024 and salinity ppt is 32 ph 8.0

cls8s said:
Yes, check your salt and make sure you're breaking the water surface so that gasses can enter and escape.

Edit: If you have any live rock, check your copper levels...some places treat live rock with copper which is super lethal to inverts

LFS said that they don't treat the live rock

Well the pH is a little low, but not enough to kill anything I wouldn't think. Look on the bottles of the kit and see what the last two digits are...that's the year they were made.

Edit: Any you should have a stable temp, is the 75-78 just a range because you can't define the temp to 1 degree or does your water actually fluctuate that much?

cls8s said:
Well the pH is a little low, but not enough to kill anything I wouldn't think. Look on the bottles of the kit and see what the last two digits are...that's the year they were made.

Edit: Any you should have a stable temp, is the 75-78 just a range because you can't define the temp to 1 degree or does your water actually fluctuate that much?

The temp at night is about 76 and the day about 78, I don't see the any numbers on the bottom, I see some # on a card and the last numbers are 1207

I think the numbers should be printed on the bottles, mine are at the top right above the label.

You should be good in that respect then. Not sure, can't help. =(

I'd this trates trying to escape it's been in my sand bed for about three weeks??

Attachments

• image-1229156215.jpg
    image-1229156215.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 92
superdave07 said:
I'd this trates trying to escape it's been in my sand bed for about three weeks??

I meant to say what is this? Is it trates gasses trying to escape it's been in my sand bed for three weeks

What kind of damsels? Did they change color at all while alive?? Sometimes you can pick up an infected fish, how did you acclimate the damsels and inverts?

negligent_inmate said:
What kind of damsels? Did they change color at all while alive?? Sometimes you can pick up an infected fish, how did you acclimate the damsels and inverts?

The damsel die, but I have two clown and to chrmois they been in the take for about three weeks or so

Back
Top Bottom