The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tracie6283

Aquarium Advice Freak
So were getting ready to turn our 55 fowlr with a 40 gal breeder refugium sump. How many and what kind of fish would be best. I'm really drawn to the black clowns and the cardinal fish. ( I keep calling it the dr Seuss fish). Any ideas?

You mean you are starting a SW FOWLR aquarium with a 40 gal sump or converting...etc. Did you figure out any filtration, or rock, etc. Please be more specific? Yes a mated pair of black clowns and a cardinal fish are beautiful. Make sure if you are getting more than one clown, to have a mated pair as they will fight, sometimes to death, if they are not. What kind of live rock are you getting? Here to help!

We have to get everything bit by bit. We have the tank and stand. Next the bf will build our refugium. Then we know we have to get live rock and wait it out. I was just curious once everything is up and running how many and what kind of fish would work best. I like the clown and cardinals. What else? Any kind of clam or scallap. Shrimp? Colorful things.

I would buy mostly base rock, or dead rock and seed it with maybe 10lbs of live rock from your LFS, alot cheaper to do that way and the dead rock will become live after a few weeks and then a few months later you won't be able to tell the difference. :)

You can fit a good amount of fish in there, kinda up to you as to what kind of tank you want. Will you ever e going to corals? If so there are some fish that arent reef safe. :)

Heres an excellent site Aquarium Fish: Tropical Freshwater Fish and Saltwater Fish for Home Aquariums You can see what fish you like and it will tell you how big of a tank you need, what the fish eats etc...

And yep, you can have inverts including shrimp, as long as the fish you pick don't eat them. Some fish will eat inverts. :-O

Back
Top Bottom