The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Definitely not doing coral.are there any frog fish or stone fish that could work in a 30gallon

Ctetra18 said:
Ok 30 gallon
What would be a good mid water fish?

Cardinals stay mid-tank and would work in a 30g. They school, though, so would really need to get at least 2. There's the pajama cardinal, bangaii cardinals, orange striped cardinal. And they're peaceful too.

Yeah. Lemon peel angel, flame angel, coral beauty angel. But you could only have 1 angel in a 30

Do I need a filter specially made for saltwater?

You don't need a special filter for SW, but if you're not doing a sump, then you'll want the filter to be rated for twice the size of the tank. And I would recommend canister over HOB filter, but you'll need to be good about cleaning the canister every week to prevent nitrates from rising. :)

Ok need help getting the tank... What should I put in first. Please respond

For initial set up, you can mix the water in the tank. You can't do that for PWCs though. Put in water to a little over half full, salt, heater, powerheads and set up filter. After water is correct salinity and temp, put in the rock if you're gonna have some. Then the sand. you might have to top off the water, depending on how much is displaced by rock and sand. Start up the filter (or sump). Then toss in some raw fish or shrimp- or pour in your liquid ammonia, whatever you're using. Good luck!!

For a 20 gallon, a skimmer isn't needed. Just keep up on water changes and feed as little as possible and you'll be fine. If you can't get the nitrates as low as you want then perhaps consider investing in a protein skimmer.

Oh sorry! Anything up to 40 gallons doesn't need a skimmer, but for a 38 you'll soon find that you might want one. You don't NEED it, maybe try it out without one and later if you want to buy one then go ahead. Or you could get it from the beginning if you have the money.

Hopfully going to exotic aquariums to pick up filters, heaters,etc

Back
Top Bottom