newbie....7 gal SW bow tank setup. help~!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mr2KiEu

Aquarium Advice Newbie
hey there everyone. im so glad i found this site. i never knew there was a forum for fish people like me. hahaha, but anyways...i have a 7gal bow tank,i have a whisper 10 filter running and another small powerhead. my tank has been cycling for about 5 weeks now with LR. i have 2 damsels in there,but one died 2 days ago. and my water got cloudy all of a sudden. i want to make my tank strictly for clownfishs and a sum bubble anenomes and shrimps.i was thinking about 4 baby clowns would be good. anyways..so far am i on the ryte track??? should i buy the anenome first or the clowns first?? and my water temp. seems to always be at 82-85 is that too hot?? how do i get rid of the cloudy water??? well thats it for now. thanks ahead of tyme for any replies. much appreciated~!!!

You are experencing a bactera bloom probably due to the first fish's death. For a 7 gal tank two fish is at least one to many.

clowns are a bad idea. they will quickly (a month or two) outgrow the tank and you will have to get rid of them plus they will overload your little system as far as bio capacity.

NO anenome's. Your tank is to small to have the stable water they need plus I doubt you have the proper lighting for them.

If your temp flux's that much i would say your very close to the uppther threshold of temperature. This is another problem with small tanks in that the water temperatures and conditions can change in the mater of minutes vs with larger tanks they are somewhat more stable.

I would do a water change of 20%. Check for ammonia and nitrite before and after the water change aswell.

thanks for the advice fishfreek. maybe i'll juss stick to a fish only tank. or need to get a bigger tank.

Back
Top Bottom