Newbie help.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Drewbob

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Evening all,
I would consider myself quite an experienced tropical fish keeper after keeping and successfully breeding Discus for a few years. However, last month a friend somehow walked into my tank and knocked it over !!!
Well, fish were saved thankfully and are now with a keeper who lives nearby. Now, floor, carpet replaced etc and insurance paid out for tank.
I'm now considering going marine for the replacement. Suggestions please !!! Looking for advice as to which tank to get. Minimum maintenance ! Probably thinking all in one type. Or should I stick to what i know ?
Open to all advice.
Thanks in advance.

Depending on the budget and available space
Ill recommend what you want , what you would like to stock it with and research .
Purchase and set up for what your future plans are and something to work towards .
Keeping in mind saltwater requires time,
Patients

Evening all, I would consider myself quite an experienced tropical fish keeper after keeping and successfully breeding Discus for a few years. However, last month a friend somehow walked into my tank and knocked it over !!! Well, fish were saved thankfully and are now with a keeper who lives nearby. Now, floor, carpet replaced etc and insurance paid out for tank. I'm now considering going marine for the replacement. Suggestions please !!! Looking for advice as to which tank to get. Minimum maintenance ! Probably thinking all in one type. Or should I stick to what i know ? Open to all advice. Thanks in advance.

A good place to start for minimum tank size and compatibility I would recommend liveaquaria.com
Knowing what live stock you like and want this will give you a few ideas for size and equipment required .
Bigger is better .
Easier to maintain , more variety of fish

Thanks guys.
Budget probably about £500-600, it's more a space problem, I can't go too big. I area I have has had a 120L juwel aquarium there in the past.
Also will be looking at fish only

Thats roughly 30g. There are some dwarf angels you could keep. (only one in a tank) some clowns (not all), gobies, blennies, etc. now for the bad news.. No tangs, no triggers, full-sized angels, lions, wrasses, etc. you can def have a gorgeous tank that will be the center of attention, unfortunately your stocking options get rather short

IMO it's a little small for any of the dwarf angels with only exception being the Pygmy cherub angelfish. A six line wrasse is a cool fish too that would work. However, I think it would be a good home for a fuzzy dwarf lion or an anglerfish if you wanted to go the predatory route. If not then clowns that aren't maroons, blennies, gobies, cardinal fish, royal gramma are all good choices.

Back
Top Bottom