Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-30-2010, 12:10 AM   #31
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

I found it already. See pic from Setapak Aquarium Trading in Taman Desa Gombak, somewhere near your place. They can make glass aquarium like these in the picture. If you dont mind can you visit them and advise me what you think about them?

Setapak Aquarium Trading
25, Jalan 3/50A,
Taman Desa Gombak,
53000 Kuala Lumpur.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	banner4.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	63.0 KB
ID:	26246   Click image for larger version

Name:	banner1.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	69.3 KB
ID:	26247  

Old 11-30-2010, 02:00 AM   #32
Aquarium Advice Freak

okay...i'l try my best....but im only available on weekend...is that okay with u..?? if it is okay with u,can u gimme the size that u need..?? or maybe u can gimme your prefer design for your sump...

Old 11-30-2010, 03:06 AM   #33

My choice of tank is 5' (L) x 1 1/2' (W) x 2' (H). Or 5 x 2 x 2 is also ok. I am not sure the thickness of the glass. They should know for a height of 2 feet. Of course when fill it water the height of the water is less than 2 feet. The tank should have two holes at the bottom for going to the sump and return. The holes probably should be at the middle or the sides, I am not sure which is better for viewing and practical.

I also need the bottom cabinet.

The sump should fit the bottom cabinet and the design you can recommend so long it works.

I think the major cost is the tank and the cabinet.

Thank you and looking forward to hear from you. Meanwhile I will still be looking around.
Old 11-30-2010, 04:20 AM   #34
Aquarium Advice Addict

If you are going reef your main cost will be the lights. Be sure that you can find lights for a 5' tank.
Old 11-30-2010, 05:30 AM   #35
Aquarium Advice Freak

okay....its better if u try to find the cabinet first....then u need to find out if 2ft sump tank will fit under it..dont forget to acknowledge the other thing like skimmer etc...design shud be on u since u are the 1 who knows exactly what do u want for your sump...the size for every parts and the length of every baffles...all i need to know is your sump size...what do u prefer...if u have some space for sump, i would suggest for 3ft coz u will have much space for refugium, if u wish so....
Old 12-01-2010, 12:16 AM   #36

I would want to maximize the size for the sump. When the cabinet is for a 5' tank then I think I can have a 4' to 4 half feet sump.

I think the main issue is to find the tank that comes with the cabinet from a single supplier so that the cabinet and tank fit perfectly. About the sump it can be bought later and it can be customize made and follow anyone design that can accommodate a return pump, skimmer and refugium.

As for lighting it is going to cost more as TC said. I am not sure. I have little knowledge about lightings. There are so many types to choose from. When I know little I cannot choose. There are LED, halogen, fluorescent tube, LED, LED fluorescent, etc. Got to look at long term running cost as well. Its durability, electricity consumption, efficiency and deterioration vs time and worst of all the made, brands. Anyway, just got to blindly buy some and experience it? Pay to learn? or you can help me some?
Old 12-01-2010, 12:26 AM   #37

Ultimately I'll go for reef. This is what salt water hobby is all about. For a start I go for something simple to experience and learn. Something like Fish only. As I go I will go toward reef and that also easy on my pocket. Slow and steady. That is why I did not get a tank first but join the forum seeking help and knowledge before getting a tank and making serious mistakes.
Old 12-01-2010, 01:37 AM   #38
Aquarium Advice Freak

IMO, for fish only tank, go for T5..that shud be okay....but if u set for reef tank, u can have metal halide for lights...some said T5HO also doing fine..depends on what types of coral u wish to have....LED is a new equipment at the moment....we cant find any LED sell in Malaysia except very cheap LED build which only have 50k hours livespan...if u wish to have LED's then go on for that or DIY....
about your tank, go seek at EastAqua at midvalley because they have that type of tank..but if u join our local web that im suggested, there's a person selling 5ft tank together with cabinet and lighting but im not so sure if it is stil available...u can order cabinet for custom made to fit your tank size...but it might be above 2k depends on your types and design....i hope that will helps you.....
Old 12-01-2010, 09:16 AM   #39
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to mr_X
t-5 ho are every bit as good as halides, or better. you can keep whatever you want under the right T-5 fixture. ONLY drawback, is the lack of "shimmer" that halides produce.
Old 12-05-2010, 06:15 AM   #40
Aquarium Advice Freak

hye stevie....u didnt gimme the specifications for your sump....

Tags
malaysia

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com