Newbie Help with water flow please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

scott764

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi,
I am an absolute beginner so forgive me if this seems like a stupid question. I have a 110L tank 76cmx36x36 and 2 green chromis in it and 1 rock. I have an Aqua one AT -882 filter. The water jet was pointing up and towards the back of the tank but I noticed that the water flow from the jet was pushing some particles away from the water inlet of the filter so I pointed it towards the front of the tank. Does this really matter or will the filter do its job regardless. I'd prefer it to point to the back but want it to do the best job. Any help or advice much appreciated.
Ive attached a pic.
thanks,
Scott

Attachments

• p1010001_792.jpg
    p1010001_792.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 61
Are you using the filter to take debrie or of the water of water movement because for debrie removal it will do fine as for water movement you will cut it down a bit but nothing to big I say it will be fine.

thanks, just wanted to make sure. My lfs said not to worry it doesnt really matter as long as its on its filtering. Just beginners nerves I guess ;)
Cheers,
Scott

Yeah Im going to get some more this week. If the live rock from the lfs has been in a tank does it need to be cured or can it just be dropped straight in?

I just dropped it straight in with no problems since its only a couple minute drive to my LFS and I'm sure yours isnt to far I just brought a 5 gal. bucket piced up what I wanted brought it home and dropped it in becuase I was sure it was already cured. As for ordering from www.liverocks.com or something then you would need to recure it but since its from your LFS I would say no.

Back
Top Bottom