Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-02-2011, 03:08 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

Newbie here

Hey guys. I'm just stopping in to say hello. I'm pretty new to this and I've finally gotten my tank up. It's a 58 gallon reef ready with a sump system. I have the 36 inch marineland reef capable LED's on there now, and I'm not sure how that's going to play out once I actually can obtain corals. Any information on tuis would be awesome. Thanks and I look forward to all the help I can get from here. Also here's a pic so far with 100 lbs of Tatoka liverock and 2 clowns, falcon hawk, sailfin tang, purple pseudo, and a yellow watchman goby in there somewhere.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3284130017.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	62.3 KB
ID:	36377  

Old 05-02-2011, 06:30 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonessurf
Hey guys. I'm just stopping in to say hello. I'm pretty new to this and I've finally gotten my tank up. It's a 58 gallon reef ready with a sump system. I have the 36 inch marineland reef capable LED's on there now, and I'm not sure how that's going to play out once I actually can obtain corals. Any information on tuis would be awesome. Thanks and I look forward to all the help I can get from here. Also here's a pic so far with 100 lbs of Tatoka liverock and 2 clowns, falcon hawk, sailfin tang, purple pseudo, and a yellow watchman goby in there somewhere.
Nice tank sorry I'm not sure on the led lights but there's plenty of people on here to help you out 

Old 05-02-2011, 07:03 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Can you take a closer picture of your liverock setup, it looks like it is quite densely packed.
Old 05-02-2011, 07:18 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

i'm sure the marineland reef LEDs are good for low light corals, maybe even mid light but they are not to powerful.

if you're lookign at LEDs look into the retro fit kits from rapidled, you could prob go with their 48 LED kit and be good to house anythign you want
Old 05-02-2011, 07:40 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak

Hi,
Nice setup.
Are you planning to upgrade in the future? Your sailfin tang (I believe it's him in the pic there ) is just a little guy now, but he'll grow more that a foot long and will need at least 180 gallons with lots of swim room.
You can take a look here:
Saltwater Aquarium Fish for Marine Aquariums: Sailfin Tang
He is a beauty! I wish I could have one, but even when I have a large tank eventually, it's gonna be 150 gal - still not enough for this tang.
1Vampiregirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 12:20 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Activist

I do plan on upgrading to a larger tank. And the liverock to me has plenty of room around and through it it seems
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1108113813.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	36438  
Old 05-03-2011, 12:39 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict

Yup definitely some neat rock! You could look into some nice brightly colored ricordeas, or some mushrooms (I like the bright red ones), maybe some lower light LPS or other soft corals too. Liveaquaria.com is a great site to research corals.

0o.Kelsey.o0 is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com