Newbie here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Naddabomb

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi starting a sw tank but dnt wanna use a sump will using Fluval 405 x2 be ok? Also I basically need a rundown of all specs needed pls I want to do live rock clowns tang and also reef. Plz help I'm Juss learning and I need the specs to be accurate for a 130 gallon sw setup no sump plz

You could run 2 405's but that wouldn't be worth the price of the second 405. You'd prob save money by simply going with 1 405 and atleast 2 good powerheads. The live rock will be the bigger part of your "filtration". If you're going with 130g tank, you're gonna need 130-200 lbs of rock for proper filtration, prob 100 lbs in sand (not completely sure). Atleast 2 decent powerheads, (I'd go with 4.) In terms of lighting, to give you more options in terms of coral type and placement, I'd look into a 6-8 bulb t5 setup or if possible LED. Some of the other equipment you'll want is a RO/DI unit, a decent water heater or two, a UV sterilizer, possibly a HOB filter for backup, a refractometer (for testing salinity) and a good master saltwater test kit. I believe that about it but I could be forgetting somethings. Oh and not everything I mentioned is 100% necessary. :) sounds like a huge list but once together, salties are fairly simple to maintain IMO.

Back
Top Bottom