Newbie in need of help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

saltydoggy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm completely new to this saltwater game. Here is pics of my reef set up its a 220 gal display with a huge 150 gal sump refugium. I need more better lighting
Now have only two eBay LEDs. Any help advice Greatly appreciated

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 93
How far off the water surface is the bottom of those led units? They should be somewhere around 12 inches. I forget what my brothers it at.

Also I'm pretty sure those units are meant to be hung with the ring they came with so they level out. Not each cable mounted.

Going to assume you have a 6 foot tank? Looks like you need at least 1 maybe 2 more of those leds.

Ummm not sure what else to say. What equipment do you have?

The lights are about 5 inches off my tank. This was a used system I used what ever I had. I'm running a algae scrubber what seems to be working great.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

The lights are about 5 inches off my tank. This was a used system I used what ever I had. I'm running a algae scrubber what seems to be working great.

See how the light is lazer beaming if you were to raise them up to at least 10 inches or maybe 12 it would help drastically.

Thanks for the advice I'll do that after work.

My tank is 7x24x24. Yes I was wanting two more when I can afford it. Should I stick with the same lights or buy two different I've seen just blues. Or blue and white. These have red and green as well?

Nice tank. Thx again

yea yur gonna kill me

forgot his tank is only 18 inches high which would make your light need to be 6 inches off surface :(

Now that I look at it again that light is lazer beaming because the water is cloudy

So sorry about that

Back
Top Bottom