Newbie Lighting Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Salttanker

Aquarium Advice Addict
I am new to the marine aquarium world, and was wondering if someone could suggest a particular light:

I have a 90 Gallon marine tank with a 48" light strip that came with 2 standard bulbs. I replaced one of the lights with a Blue Moon and was wondering what to use for the other one. I didn't like the lighting that it came with, so I want to replace it with a better one. Thanks

Mike :D

ARe you just wanting to replace the bulb or the whole light fixture?

What kind of tank are you going to have. Fish only or Reef. That will play a major role in your lighting desicions. Need to know what your expectaions are of the tank before i suggest anything.

Brandon

This is going to be a fish-only tank. I have a 48" strip light that came with 2 bulbs. I removed one and replaced it with a moon glow, and I was wondering what to use on the other one. I like the effect of the moon glow and just want something to replace the other one since it's not very good. Thanks

Mike

A 50/50 bulb would give you a good balance between blue and white. It really depends on what color temperature lighting your are looking for.

Back
Top Bottom