Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-26-2012, 06:55 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Im going to do the first water change today I know it should of been done the second day but I always like to leave the tank for 3 days with out interacting at all seems to work kept my lid open today I got home and temp was 28.7c ammonia 0ppm nitrite 0ppm nitrate 20ppm

Old 11-27-2012, 12:14 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Every one keeps telling me I cant use my freshwater master kit on my salty just download the colour cards and il be fine is this true, because my ammonia test is always merky when I do it. And I know im not going to be able to tell when my cycle hits as I work long days but im going for a job at my lfs so Il take some water in with me and double check it.

Old 12-02-2012, 06:36 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

I'm nnot sure you can use the neutral range pH test for high range. I'm not sure if the chems are the same. But, just for grins and giggles, I'll use my hottub test and compare it to the high range pH test using the high range color chart. I'll let you know how it goes.
Old 12-02-2012, 07:00 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

Test complete. I Di know that my freshwater test kit pH and pool test were identical. Color charts and indicator were the same. Just compared my pool one to the high range pH. The color charts are DIFFERENT. Both gave a 8.0 measurement (pool pH goes up to 8.2) but they had different colors. I would have gotten a wrong result had I used the pool test against the saltwater chart and vice versa.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com