Newbie Needing HELP!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lamby

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Alrighty then straight to the point my tanks heating up alot on its own what temp should I worry about. It went up 28.4c so i turned the aircon in my room on its slowly dropping now I have no heater in the tank now and the lid half open to cool it any ideas why and how I can solve it

Chiller but 24 is about average so a few degrees off won't cause any problems as long as its not dramatic

well it sits between 26-28 so supose its not to bad would it effect corals if I was to add any

Mines been up too twenty nine and my corals are just fine and I run 2 heaters when they get that hot I turn them all the way down

I dont have my heater on so I supose il get some sort of cooling for summer

ok today it hasnt gorn past 28.7 still a bit high but itl be ok with out fish.

Im also having my first problem with my salt water mix i did yesterday its been in a bucket with a small power head but my young sister turned it off trying to save te worlds power problem I think. Now the water is cloudy what do I do leave it and check later to see if its cleared chuck it out an try again I dobt know.

Oh and I think my tank has cycled already. I was sitting their when I noticed my lil bios where back on the glass. all the same as from when the salinity was down at 1.008 I was told they would of all died but I guess not.

Maybe get a cheap fan. Does the water smell? I think if it was just one day it should be fine. Probably cloudy because the salt is still dissolving.

it only smells like the salt mix but thats all i might grab the other water containter and see if its still to much salt.

I wouldn't worry about it, it should be fine. If the water was still for 3 or 4 days I think it would smell foul and wouldn't be good to put in the tank.

Im going to do the first water change today I know it should of been done the second day but I always like to leave the tank for 3 days with out interacting at all seems to work kept my lid open today I got home and temp was 28.7c ammonia 0ppm nitrite 0ppm nitrate 20ppm

Every one keeps telling me I cant use my freshwater master kit on my salty just download the colour cards and il be fine is this true, because my ammonia test is always merky when I do it. And I know im not going to be able to tell when my cycle hits as I work long days but im going for a job at my lfs so Il take some water in with me and double check it.

I'm nnot sure you can use the neutral range pH test for high range. I'm not sure if the chems are the same. But, just for grins and giggles, I'll use my hottub test and compare it to the high range pH test using the high range color chart. I'll let you know how it goes.

Test complete. I Di know that my freshwater test kit pH and pool test were identical. Color charts and indicator were the same. Just compared my pool one to the high range pH. The color charts are DIFFERENT. Both gave a 8.0 measurement (pool pH goes up to 8.2) but they had different colors. I would have gotten a wrong result had I used the pool test against the saltwater chart and vice versa.

Back
Top Bottom