Newbie needs help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

-SmellsFishy-

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello, this is my first time to this forum and I am very excited to be here. I am looking to get a saltwater tank. I have been doing some research and and I am just getting more confused. Please tell me what I am going to need in order to have an awsome tank. I was thinking about starting with 125 gallon tank and having a sump. From what I have read this is a good idea, I guess it allows you to expand your tank and more stability. Please tell me what I am going to need, any suggested reading and basic steps in setting up. Thanks in advance.

Robert Fenner's "Conscientious Marine Aquarist" is a good read also. A lot of folks might say to ignore the "cycling with fish" part of it, but otherwise it's a good read for starters.

Take your time, do the reseacrh, read the experiences folks have here, and buy the equip you need for your goals - the first time around. Nothing like having to buy another "anything" 'cause you rushed to get started, didn't know the ultimate goals for your tank, and bought lesser stuff. A 125 is a good start.

Anyway, good luck, keep us posted and let folks here help you with equip purchases when you need. And most of all, welcome to AA! :smilecolros:

I agree SaltWater Aquariums for Dummies helped me out "A LOT" I would also recommed talking to someone at your LFS they can be a bigger help than anyone else. Good Luck :sleeping: Also be patient don't rush anything the person that helps me with my tank says "Salt Water is all "PATIENCE" and it has payed off so far in making a great SW tank.

I read:

"The New Marine Aquarium: Step-By-Step Setup and Stocking Guide" by Michael S. Paletta

Very good book and a must have for the beginner.

Back
Top Bottom