newbie needs help deciding which FISH to get

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishfishboo

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have had fresh water fish for a while and im thinking of getting saltwater fish for a 75 gallon tank.Here is a list of fish that im thinking of.

Royal Grama
Ocellaris Clown Fish
Black Clown Goby
Hippo Tang
Yellow Tang
Clown Goby-Yellow
Watchman Goby

Feel free to edit the list.

ps. how many fish could i put in a 75 g tank?
do i have to many? to little?
thanks

Not too bad. I would maybe think about one of the gobies. That many in a 75 might fight. How about a pink spotted goby instead of those 3. Just a suggestion. BTW welcome to AA
000_0252.JPG

I agree with melosu! Drop 1 goby and I personally think 1 tang in a 75 gallon. Especially if you want corals. If you want to go FOWLR that is fine. With corals the less fish the better.

I'd drop the hippo tang, add an ocellaris to form a pair, and add a clown goby or two. Fishload isn't going to impede coral health unless they are being picked upon or you have some major waste producers...stock away :)

Thanks for the help, but i have been thinking about using a 40g tank that i used for a turtle to save money. If there is any problems whith doing that let me know. so i guess ill have to make a new list of fish.

how about

2-Ocellaris Clown Fish
1-Royal Gramma
1-goby IDK what kind yet

any other suggestions for fish would be appreciated
(how many fish could i fith in this tank)

REMEMBER I HAVE NO SUPPLIES YET ONLY A TANK

i plan on using a sump for my tank so....

what are some good protein skimmers, wave makers and canister filters that dont bankrupt me

thanks for any help and any other ideas

But since your using a 40 gallon tank you can also go with the Fluval 305 but I was getting the Fluval 405 for the same price as the 305.... Your choice.... Good Luck....

Not to bad of a selection, but ill tell you be careful about the hippo. I know there beautiful and everything and they really are i want one really really bad. Even though my Niger would prolly make a light snack out of him. I wouldnt add the Blue Tang until you have a well established tank for at least a couple months. Same thing with alot of Butterflys. They are not only PRONE to ICK. but they just arent that hardy. I had a really succesful 75, had it goin on a year, and bought a hippo, had it for about a day, and it started to get ick, and my water was near perfect. Good luck :)

what ever you do. DO NOT GET A PRIZM. I dont know about nebody else here, but those Skims are complete utter JUNK! The old school looking ones are usaully the best, that is what we use at the pet shop i work at, they kick butt

Back
Top Bottom