Newbie Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Twiki

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have had my tank up and running since October, with a horseshoe crab in the tank since December. In the past month, I added 10lbs of live rock and then yesterday added an invertebrate set that included (anenome, flame scallop, aiptasia, Snails, Lettuce Slug, and 2 polychaete worms).

The tank is 25gal and I replenish the water with new water every few weeks.

I checked the pH today and it was low at 7.8. Is there a way to increase the pH? Also my HSC has begun to bury itself under the anenome. Any advice is welcome.

aiptasia is a bad thing... do you have the light for a nem? flame scallops while pretty rarely do well in home aquariums especially newly setup ones. Anemones also are usually recommended for established systems of 1yr+ but this is just opinion & by no means a hard fact.

Yes, I have a light on the tank. This is in a classroom as I was appointed to teach Aquatic Science and am trying to figure out what I am doing.

All the invertebrates came in a set. Should I just remove the Apistasia?

Hi get rid of the the aiptasia but DON'T touch in your tank, because it'll release spores when threatened. Then you'll have loads.

Adding live rock to an already established tank can cause an ammonia spike, i would test the water and keep an eye on it. Anemones needs lots of light and pristine water conditions.

Back
Top Bottom