Newbie Question on feeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ambulocetus

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ok, so I am sure that i will be told that it is 'different strokes for different folks' but I really would like to know how much, how often and what you tend to feed your fish.
Do you keep on feeding until they seem disintrested in the food? (probably generates lots of waste)
Do you feed them a couple times a day, every other day, twice a week...more...less!!!
Lots less often, vs less more often?

Any comments would help ! :D

(would make a poll up, if i thought i knew how!)

I have 2 fish in my 20 gallon. I rotate through different kinds of frozen foods usually feeding every other day or even every 2 days once in awhile. I don't pay much attention to overfeeding (I don't toss in a whole cube, but my CBS, hermits, and sallylightfoot appreciate the leftovers. HTH

Really depends on your fish, some will need to be feed more often then others. Temperature of the water also plays a role on their metabolism, so the higher the temp the more they need to eat. I've read somewhere that most fishs stomach are barely bigger than their eyeball. That will give you a good idea about how much you should feed.

Back
Top Bottom