Newbie, questions about water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chbix

Aquarium Advice Activist
I live in an area that has arsenic in the water. I am wanting to start a SW tank and am concerned that this will hinder that. Any ideas or suggestions?

Also another question. The house I live in has a cut out in the wall. Its almost 5' long 3' tall and about 3' wide is where I want to put the tank. However all the tanks I have seen are on stands to hide pumps and what not. Any ideas for this type of location?

First get a RO/DI unit to remove unwanted elements from your water.
Second, what's on the other side of the wall. Your equipment is hidden on one side or the other. You could make a sort of bench or loveseat on one side to hide the equip.

I believe the house already has ro built in. Would I need a seperate unit?

basically this "whole" in the wall is approximately 4' off the ground. On one side is a cubby to house the tv and entertainment stuff, on the otherside its smooth wall. I can try and upload a picture.

Basically my concern is that I wont have the ability to use a sump set up. If im doing live rock and fish I can get away with a filter/skimmer and a few power heads right?

Yes...with just fish you don't even need a skimmer.

So your saying I dont need a filter? or just not a skimmer?

If you go "fish only" you will not need a skimmer, you would still need a filter of some sort. If you went with live rock you could go with it and a skimmer or with frequent water changes just the LR alone would do.

Back
Top Bottom