Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-22-2008, 01:37 AM   #21
Aquarium Advice Addict

The paper towel method works great too! Amazing what that does! Still can't fathom why the folks at Aqua C haven't done something like this to their production models?!!

Some folks have said "But it cuts off the oxygen flow to the intake chamber!". Phhhht. I've noticed no change in skimmer output or tank water quality since doing this to my unit and anyway, it's not like it's super air tight!

Glad it worked for you. It was definitely like night and day for me too!

Old 03-22-2008, 02:05 AM   #22
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt_Nelson View Post
The paper towel method works great too! Amazing what that does! Still can't fathom why the folks at Aqua C haven't done something like this to their production models?!!

Some folks have said "But it cuts off the oxygen flow to the intake chamber!". Phhhht. I've noticed no change in skimmer output or tank water quality since doing this to my unit and anyway, it's not like it's super air tight!

Glad it worked for you. It was definitely like night and day for me too!
Thanks Kurt... I'm glad to hear it hasn't reduced your output. Mine's not producing yet. But of course it is still breaking in and I don't have fish yet. It is putting out some microbubbles though, did you notice that decrease at all after the break in period?

Old 03-22-2008, 02:32 AM   #23
Aquarium Advice Addict

Yeah... it took about a week or so to stop with the microbubbles.
Old 03-23-2008, 05:02 PM   #24
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Should I be using Activated Carbon?

The microbubbles from the Remora have largely gone away. There's a very small amount still but I can live with it.

Now... should I be using activated carbon in my Emperor 400 filter? I thought that I should to remove any trace elements in my water, but I'm reading conflicting things on if I should be using it or not. I filled up the media cartridge last night, rinsed it out and fired it up. It seems to have made my water a bit cloudy, but maybe that's because its cycling?

Should I be using this stuff?

300W Marineland Heater
jjarbo1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com