newbie wish list

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvmyfishies

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hi, i have a 30 gal, with a emporer 330 bio wheel, 1 powerhead, and a 4" samoan sand bed. no live rock just dead coral peices with some barnacles. can i put these fish in slowly when it cycles. 1 coral beauty, 2 percula clowns, 1 hermit crab, 1 or 2 shrimp and a starfish? :D someone please let me know, thanks

The coral beauty might be a bit of a tight sqeeze and could be a problem if this tank is to be a reef tank later on but those are the only issues I see. Once the tank is nearing the end of the cycle I would purchase the 2 percs and while they are in >>quarantine<< for the proper 4 weeks then the tank should be ready by the time they are done. Don't forget to >>acclimate<< them over to the new tank the same as you would introduce any new arrival.

I would leave off the starfish for some time yet depending on the species you have in mind. Many types are rather picky about their food source and really need a mature tank to do well. Also make sure that sensitive inverts are drip acclimated for several hours.

Cheers
Steve

thank-you so much for the advice i will get the perculas after my tank is finished cycling and wait about a month before adding anything else. :D

Back
Top Bottom