Newbie with aiptasia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

the_fish_man

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey I recently bought a new tank from someone off of craigslist. It is a great deal but has tons of aiptasia (I COUNTED 13 ON 1 LR) And i was stroaming the internet and found red sea aiptasia x. I was wondering if anyone here has used this if so does it work? There is a link to what it is below.
Red Sea Aiptasia-X 2oz (60mL)

best thing i used was lemon juice injected it with a needle and syring direct into the stalk gets rid of it right away

oo then yea maybe u should use red sea never had that many just one or two i get rid of them right away before they spread

Ya i would definetly use lemen juice if their weren't alot but this guy let them grow out of control.

If you can i would take the rock out and scrub as many of them off as possible. Do a water change at the same time so you can use the old water to rinse the rock off before you put it back in the tank. I then would kill them as they grow back...eventually over time they will stop growing. I found lemon juice to work the best for me too. Remember to turn the current off while juicing them for about 10 mins to let the lemon juice really get them!

I had aiptasia duri g and right after my cycle, maybe about 10-12 of different sizes. After the cycle I bought three peppermint shrimp and in about three or four days no more aiptasia. I ended up with one on a frag a few weeks later and by the next day it had been eaten as well. No chemicals, no juice, no nothing but ps.

Steve

Back
Top Bottom