newcomer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

julief

Aquarium Advice Newbie
hi, im new on here, im wanting advice for a coral reef im wanting to start building on, approx 48" x 24" x 24"....
i have been doing abit of research, but i want to start on building up the sump, but im not sure what size to use, and the order in which it ought to be layed out....ro, uv, p.skimmer, heater, media, etc, and how to keep it running perfectly. i am also prob going to need a refugium,
can anyone help me ? and hopefully advice on the brands, size etc
then its pen and paper time !
its all very confusing, but iv got the basic hang of it,
i just want to get the most important bit planned out properly.
thank you so much.......

Moving this to the "Getting started" forum. Welcome aboard and that Link that Scott gave you will help tremendously.

I don't like to have the sump take up the entire floor space of the stand so a 40g-55g will fit nicely (Unless you have a 36" tall stand, stick with a 20" sump height). The refugium can be incorporated into the sump. A UV is not necessary. For a protein skimmer look into Bubble King, Octopus, Vertex, Eshopps, AquaC, Euroreef, and ASM. For heating you'll need (2) Finnex 150w titanium heaters with a Ranco/Aqualogic controller. For media all you'll need is carbon, which can either be purchased at BulkReefSupply or Seachem's Matrix. I recommend this to put the carbon in: http://www.marinedepot.com/ps_ViewItem~category~Two_Little_Fishies_Phosban_Reactor_150_Phosphate_Reactors~vendor~Two_Little_Fishies~idProduct~TL4311~idCategory~FIFRISPR.html

I also prefer filter socks, but that is personal choice: 16" 100 MICRON FELT FILTER BAG W/RING: Premium Aquatics

If you need anything else just ask :)

Back
Top Bottom