Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-30-2004, 11:42 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Newer Tank Need Help

Hey Guys and Girls,
Just setup a 29 Gallon tank back in June. I have everything running well on it but am ready for some new corals. At this point, i have 2 clownfish, 1 firefish, a hammer coral, xenia, sebae anemone( which moved to the back of the tank?) and a green star polyp. This week i plan on picking up a pagoda coral and a flame angel. I was wondering if anyone could suggest something which liked a lot of water flow and GREAT light (50/50 compact)?

Thanks for your help

Old 08-31-2004, 12:19 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Angels are notrorious for picking on corals, especially in small tanks. You are probably already at capacity already.

46g SW, 65 lbs Fiji LR, 4" Aragamax DSB, Coralife 2X96w CF, CPR Bakpak II, CPR Aquafuge 12 w/ 2x9 Coralife Mini Aqualight, 4 Maxijet 600's, PCI 200W Titanium Heater, 2 Blue Green Chromis, 1 Gold Bar Maroon Clown, 1 Purple-Stripe Dottyback, Finger Leather, Trumpets, Rose Coral Open-Brain, Pagoda Cup, Xenia, Star Polyps, Yellow Polyps, Various Mushrooms, Toadstool Leather, 12 Astraea, 10 Nassarius, 4 Bumble Bee, 6 Cerith Snails, 12 Red Tip Hermits.
phases99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 12:24 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Regular

Send a message via AIM to ambulocetus
I have a question, as far as bio-load do the xenia + corals etc add much to it? If not then i think an angel might be the last addition to the tank!
Welcome to AA too!
Old 08-31-2004, 07:04 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice FINatic

All life forms will add something to the bio load. Corals usually much less than fish. Most reefers go lite on the fish load when a reef tank is the primary goal. Not knowing anything about his filtration, husbandry or experience in the hobby I would err on the side of caution and not recommend any more fish.
46g SW, 65 lbs Fiji LR, 4" Aragamax DSB, Coralife 2X96w CF, CPR Bakpak II, CPR Aquafuge 12 w/ 2x9 Coralife Mini Aqualight, 4 Maxijet 600's, PCI 200W Titanium Heater, 2 Blue Green Chromis, 1 Gold Bar Maroon Clown, 1 Purple-Stripe Dottyback, Finger Leather, Trumpets, Rose Coral Open-Brain, Pagoda Cup, Xenia, Star Polyps, Yellow Polyps, Various Mushrooms, Toadstool Leather, 12 Astraea, 10 Nassarius, 4 Bumble Bee, 6 Cerith Snails, 12 Red Tip Hermits.
phases99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 08:00 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

I wouldn't recommend the flame angel regardless.. it will eventually develop a taste for your corals (maybe immediately) and you'll have to take the whole reef apart to try and catch it.

I think something like a royal gramma or a watchman goby would be a nice addition.

As for corals, how much lighting/flow do you have?

Click HERE to vote for Aquarium Advice!
Atari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 06:50 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Newbie

hey thanks for everyone opinions. As it turns out my flame angel was not shipped today anyway . But as everyone keeps saying maybe thats a good thing. Atari, my lighting is a 50/50 compact light and i have a remora pro skimmer, a 550 powerhead and a magnum 350. I am getting kinda anxious and want some more corals do you have any suggestions? I want to put the new coral right by the powerhead and right under the light (so keep that in mind.) thanks again!! P.S. phases99 'his filtration' is HER filtration. THANKS!!!
Old 09-08-2004, 08:49 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Hey i have another question. When will my clownfish start hosting in my sebae anemone? Is there anything i can do to promote it? Some girl at the fish store said to get a picture of a clownfish in an anemone and put it on my tank, this will get my clownfish into my anemone? This makes no sense to me?? Has anyone tried it??

Thanks again!!
Old 10-07-2004, 08:36 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Newbie

i have a purple firefish now... but it keeps to the bottom of the tank kinda like perching. should i be worried? Thanks for you help

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com