Newer Tank Need Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tucci0305

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey Guys and Girls,
Just setup a 29 Gallon tank back in June. I have everything running well on it but am ready for some new corals. At this point, i have 2 clownfish, 1 firefish, a hammer coral, xenia, sebae anemone( which moved to the back of the tank?) and a green star polyp. This week i plan on picking up a pagoda coral and a flame angel. I was wondering if anyone could suggest something which liked a lot of water flow and GREAT light (50/50 compact)?

Thanks for your help :D

Angels are notrorious for picking on corals, especially in small tanks. You are probably already at capacity already.

I have a question, as far as bio-load do the xenia + corals etc add much to it? If not then i think an angel might be the last addition to the tank!
Welcome to AA too!

All life forms will add something to the bio load. Corals usually much less than fish. Most reefers go lite on the fish load when a reef tank is the primary goal. Not knowing anything about his filtration, husbandry or experience in the hobby I would err on the side of caution and not recommend any more fish.

I wouldn't recommend the flame angel regardless.. it will eventually develop a taste for your corals (maybe immediately) and you'll have to take the whole reef apart to try and catch it.

I think something like a royal gramma or a watchman goby would be a nice addition.

As for corals, how much lighting/flow do you have?

hey thanks for everyone opinions. As it turns out my flame angel was not shipped today anyway :cry: . But as everyone keeps saying maybe thats a good thing. Atari, my lighting is a 50/50 compact light and i have a remora pro skimmer, a 550 powerhead and a magnum 350. I am getting kinda anxious and want some more corals do you have any suggestions? I want to put the new coral right by the powerhead and right under the light (so keep that in mind.) thanks again!! P.S. phases99 'his filtration' is HER filtration. :D THANKS!!!

Hey i have another question. When will my clownfish start hosting in my sebae anemone? Is there anything i can do to promote it? Some girl at the fish store said to get a picture of a clownfish in an anemone and put it on my tank, this will get my clownfish into my anemone? This makes no sense to me?? Has anyone tried it??

Thanks again!!

i have a purple firefish now... but it keeps to the bottom of the tank kinda like perching. should i be worried? Thanks for you help

Back
Top Bottom